Quick Grasshopper Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 large marshmallows
- 2/3 cup plus 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons clear creme de cacao
- 2 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- Combine 1-1/2 cups wafer crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows and 2/3 cup cream; cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in creme de cacao and creme de menthe. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into marshmallow mixture. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining wafer crumbs. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 428 calories, 29g fat (17g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 10, 2019
Love this pie, thanks. Have a question: can it be stored in freezer ?
Mar 12, 2017
I just made this exactly as written. Got a lot of compliments! Absolutely a keep!!
Dec 22, 2013
My husband and son loved this pie. It was very easy to make. I didn't change a thing. The mint flavor isn't overwhelming. The creme de cacao and creme de menthe are a perfect flavor combination in this pie. I just served it with a dollop of whipped cream.
Mar 2, 2012
This is the same recipe my mom has been making for as long as I can remember. It's a family favorite, passed down from her mother. An excellent St.Patty's Day dessert as well.