Marshmallow Grasshopper Pie
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 35 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 3 tablespoons clear creme de cacao
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate curls, optional
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with foil; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, cream and shortening; cook over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pie plate; spread evenly over bottom and sides of plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk and salt; cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in creme de menthe and creme de cacao. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- Carefully remove foil from chocolate crust and return crust to pie plate. Fold whipped cream into filling; pour into crust. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 413 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2010
I made this for our Christmas dessert. It was wonderful! Everyone raved about how good it was. It is a very easy recipe to make, I did not change a thing. My only suggestion is to watch the marshmallow creme setting up. Mine was setting up and ready after 45 minutes instead of the 60 minutes recommended. A real great recipe for the Holidays. Carolkoff