Marshmallow Grasshopper Pie
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 35 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 3 tablespoons clear creme de cacao
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate curls, optional
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with foil; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, cream and shortening; cook over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pie plate; spread evenly over bottom and sides of plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk and salt; cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in creme de menthe and creme de cacao. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- Carefully remove foil from chocolate crust and return crust to pie plate. Fold whipped cream into filling; pour into crust. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 413 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 25, 2010
I made this for our Christmas dessert. It was wonderful! Everyone raved about how good it was. It is a very easy recipe to make, I did not change a thing. My only suggestion is to watch the marshmallow creme setting up. Mine was setting up and ready after 45 minutes instead of the 60 minutes recommended. A real great recipe for the Holidays. Carolkoff
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.