Frozen Grasshopper Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 22 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Maraschino cherries and additional whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk; cook and stir over medium-low heat 12-14 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Stir in liqueurs and, if desired, extract.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold in marshmallow mixture. Transfer to crust. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. If desired, top with cherries and additional whipped cream just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without toppings): 520 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 20, 2018
Easy & delish! I use 8 oz of lite cool whip in place of whipping cream. I shave some chocolate on top to make it look pretty!
Jan 23, 2016
Nice dessert for winter and summer. Not if you are watching calories.
Dec 15, 2014
I have made this for a summer dessert and it was very refreshing. The second time I made for a Christmas holiday party and substituted 12 oz softened Cream Cheese for the marshmallows and just mixed with about 1/4 cup milk. I then folded the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream (no melting and then cooling required) and spread into the cookie shell. I had rave reviews from guests as it made for a more creamier, richer texture.