Marshmallow Raspberry Pie
Talk about scrumptious summer desserts - this one is colorful, cool and sweet. Fresh raspberries are my favorite fruit, and pie's my favorite dessert...so this is the perfect combination for me! I think you'll enjoy it, too. —Deanna Richter, Elmore, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- Combine crust ingredients. Press into a 9-in. pie plate; chill.
- Meanwhile, heat marshmallows and milk in a saucepan over low until smooth. Cool. Fold in cream and food coloring if desired. Spoon half into the crust. Top with half the raspberries. Repeat layers. Chill until firm, about 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 310 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Raspberry Pie in Country Extra July 1992
Aug 30, 2013
My whole family LOVED this pie. I did add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3/4 teaspoon almond flavouring to the marshmallow mixture. This recipe is now in my favourites file.