Quick Graham Cracker Cake
Imagine two food favorites—graham crackers and whipped cream—in one wonderful cake. The results are heavenly!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream or 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Set aside 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs. In a large bowl, beat the remaining crumbs, cake mix, sugar, water, egg whites and oil for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. layer pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand a few minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread whipped cream between layers and frost entire cake. Sprinkle reserved graham cracker crumbs on top. Refrigerate until serving time.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 244 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Quick Graham Cracker Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.