- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat, in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Heat 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Brown meat in batches, adding oil as needed. Transfer meat to a bowl. Add wine to cooker, stirring to loosen browned bits. Return beef to cooker; add mushrooms, onion, broth and Worcestershire sauce. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat; bring liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into beef mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPressure Cooker Beef Tips
"very tender and tasty"
"Was good and will make again just will use a sirloin tip roast"
"Made it as written. Turned out great! Everyone loved it! Will definitely be making this again!"