Powerhouse Protein Parfaits
Parfaits have marvelous taste and texture, but many are loaded with sugar and leave you peckish for more. Here’s my protein-inspired option with yogurt, fruit and nuts. —Jen Hubin, Minnetonka, Minnestoa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 cups Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal
- 2 cups orange segments
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, honey and orange zest until blended. Layer half the yogurt mixture, cereal, orange segments and raspberries among four parfait glasses. Repeat layers; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 parfait: 518 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 12g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Powerhouse Protein Parfait in tasteofhome.com