Pumpkin Crunch Parfaits
Here's a fun dessert that your youngsters can help make. It's a great treat for Halloween or Thanksgiving.—Lorraine J. Darocha, Berkshire, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 32 gingersnap cookies, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Additional whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed 2 minutes. Stir in whipped topping, pumpkin and pie spice. Fold in pecans.
- Spoon half of the mixture into six parfait glasses; top with half of the gingersnap crumbs. Repeat layers. Top with additional whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 parfait (calculated without additional whipped topping): 447 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Crunch Parfaits in Country October/November 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.