Potato Kielbasa Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound red potatoes (3-4 medium), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high until potatoes are tender, 3-4 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and kielbasa until onion is tender.
- Add potatoes; cook and stir until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in bacon.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 472 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Jun 1, 2018
We thought this dish was very tasty. I love kielbasa and potatoes and the spinach added a nice freshness to it. Sauce was very good also!
May 27, 2018
Extremely good. The sauce complements the sausage well. I didn't use the spinach and bacon because I didn't have any; but would have if I did. The mushrooms by the onion in the fridge were tossed in since they needed to be used. Recommend it.
Apr 2, 2018
AWESOME ! I didn't know what to make tonight for dinner so I found this and decided to try it. It came together fast, I had all the ingredients in my pantry and best of all it was so very good. I love kielbasa and potatoes so it was a winner. I left out the bacon and spinach b/c I didn't have any and didn't want to run out to Krogers. Now that I have made this I decided that with the KIELBASA (even if I have bacon I will not use it) totally not needed. The potatoes needed more time but I don't like firm potatoes so others may be OK with 4 min. Also next time I will add mushrooms and garlic like some other reviewer suggested. I had a suspicion the potatoes would absorb the dressing (they did) like potato salad so I doubled the sauce but it certainly did not change the taste. Honestly I could make this again tonight! DELISH
Feb 22, 2018
A really tasty, easy recipe. The sauce is mild, but ties everything together. I added mushrooms and romansco, and left out the bacon and spinach.
Feb 16, 2018
This was pretty tasty. I added garlic. I should have cooked the potatoes a little longer in the microwave. But it tasted really good with the sauce. I used thawed & drained frozen spinach as I didn't have fresh.
Jan 26, 2018
Wow, really enjoyed this dish, yum! I omitted the bacon, but I'm sure it would be good with that too. The sauce is really good with all the ingredients. Oh, I had some mushrooms on hand so threw those in too. They were a nice addition.
Jan 21, 2018
I really liked this recipe (the sauce does tie it together). I know people like to keep things strict to the recipe but for my taste, I omitted the bacon and the thyme but keeping with the rest made a great dish for lunch and that I used for breakfast with scrambled eggs made with green peppers and onions. Really tasty.
Dec 31, 2017
Making this again tonight!! My kids and husband loved it. Great flavor and so easy!I have shared this with many friends and fellow campers. The key is to start with a kielbasa you like. It is simply delicious.
Aug 10, 2017
I added nothing to this. I just cooked it exactly like it was written. It is so good. One of my favorite meals, and so easy to make.
May 10, 2017
I really like the unique flavor combination of this recipe with the vinegar, mustard and sugar. However, the recipe is wrong on the potatoes. I've made this recipe in three different locations (read: three different microwaves), and the potatoes are still completely raw and hard after 3-4 minutes. I've never had it take less than three four minute bouts in the microwave, stirring after each.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.