Potato Kielbasa Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound red potatoes (3-4 medium), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high until potatoes are tender, 3-4 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and kielbasa until onion is tender.
- Add potatoes; cook and stir until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in bacon.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 472 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Aug 17, 2019
My husband said, "Wow! You can make this anytime!" Loved the flavor and it was easy to put together. The sauce is a perfect combination!
Aug 14, 2019
I have made this several times. We like it a lot. Sometimes if I do not have fresh spinach on hand, I use chopped cabbage.
Jul 12, 2019
We did not like this at all. In fact, we thought it was quite horrible.
Jun 20, 2019
Enjoyed this quick cooking skillet supper. I threw in chopped tri-color peppers and some garlic and omitted the bacon. Diced the kielbasa so it was dispursed more into the vegetable mix. Sauce was delicious. Will make again.
Jun 15, 2019
I followed the recipe exactly and made no changes. I was a little leery about the brown sugar but actually it gave it a nice but not overpowering flavor. It went together quickly and we loved it. I can see us having this again. A definite 5-star recipe in my book! Volunteer Field Editor
May 7, 2019
Yummy and easy to make. Definitely a keeper.
Mar 21, 2019
This is one of my very favorite recipes...period....I love Kielbasa so tried this years ago and still love it. I do double the sauce and sometimes have used all or part sweet potatoes which are healthier. Either way, it's delish...I have shared it with many over the years with many of my "new recipe" friends and family.
Feb 24, 2019
Made this last night. After reading reviews, I doubled the sauce with the exception of the brown sugar. I also omitted the bacon. Still a little too sweet for out taste, did like the Dijon mustard kick. If I make it again with tweak the sauce even more.
Dec 16, 2018
Yummy!??That's what my husband said after one bite! And he's a picky eater ad doesn't like to try new things. I wasn't sure about the sauce but it made the dish complete and very flavorful. I didn't include the bacon but I can see where it add yet another dimension! Have to watch the salt.
Dec 5, 2018
This has become a family favourite. Easy to make and tastes incredible. The young kids even love it.