Pork Tenderloin with Horseradish Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the steak seasoning, rosemary and thyme; rub over meat. Using the point of a sharp knife, make eight slits in the tenderloin. Insert garlic into slits. Place meat on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with vinegar and oil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients; chill until serving. Serve with pork.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked pork with 2 tablespoons sauce: 258 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jul 30, 2019
Really good and easy. Loved it with the horseradish sauce. Made with just half of a pound tenderloin for just me.
Apr 12, 2018
I would not bother with the sauce.
Mar 24, 2018
We love pork tenderloin and this recipe is a tasty addition to our other favorites. Love the sauce!
Nov 6, 2015
Wonderfully delicious and tender. Really enjoyed it. Sauce was good too and not overpowering.
Aug 18, 2014
Mmmm, mmmm, good! The seasoning on the meat is wonderful by itself, but it's even better with the sauce. We all really enjoyed this.
Jul 27, 2014
Delicious!!!!! The only thing I did different was use tarragon in place of Rosemary b/c I was out of it. Ooh, and we used a LOT more garlic cloves inside the pork loin b/c we LOVE garlic. We would use this recipe for company. Even my 5 yr. old daughter liked it, which is saying a lot.
Nov 28, 2013
I made this as an appetizer for a cocktail party I hosted. I used the small little dinner rolls and set up as "sliders". They were gone in a blink of an eye. The sauce makes this dish. The pork has an excellent taste and everyone wanted the recipe. Thanks for a great reccipe.
Jul 5, 2013
This sauce is terrific with the pork tenderloin. We used the leftover sauce as a spread for pork sandwiches the next day. The lemon zest is a must for this recipe.
Apr 23, 2012
This was delicious! I did not make the Horseradish Sauce as my husband is not a fan of horseradish. I seasoned the pork and cooked it in a croc-pot. Very tender and flavorful. But I can see where the horseradish sauce would have given it an extra kick if you are a fan of that.
Nov 20, 2011
I've made this twice and both times my husband loved it. Even the granddaughter admitted it was good.