Plum-Good Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup plum sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 5 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Combine the plum sauce, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, mustard, ginger and pepper; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove pork chops and keep warm. Set aside 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- In the same skillet, cook the coleslaw mix, carrot and onions over medium heat until crisp-tender. Serve with pork chops; drizzle with reserved sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3/4 cup broccoli mixture : 373 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 5, 2019
Very tasty, next time cook slaw alittle longer
Mar 9, 2019
New family favorite!! Would have never thought to cook the slaw - delicious.
Feb 21, 2019
I only made the pork chops and omitted the slaw. These were good.
Feb 3, 2016
Whole family loves it!
Jul 19, 2014
Delicious. My husband, one year old and three year old love it. Served it with rice, peas and zucchini.
Dec 29, 2012
My husband isn't a fan of pork chops but he did like these. I also thought they were very good, not your usual tasting pork chop.
Aug 11, 2012
This recipe is very delicious but I will make a couple of changes when I make it again. I will double or maybe even triple the sauce. The sauce is rather skimpy and not enough to go around. It was easy to scorch and I had to keep adding more liquid. I added sweet and sour sauce to the sauce I prepared the broccoli coleslaw in. I think when I make it again I will omit the plum sauce and just use sweet and sour sauce. I also added some garlic powder to the coleslaw and served a side dish of fried rice with some of the sauce drizzled over it. All and all it turned out delicious and my husband loved it too. Yes, I definitely will be making this again.
Mar 2, 2012
nice and moist pork chops and the cole slaw mix was a nice side
Feb 16, 2012
Excellent and so easy to prepare!
Aug 19, 2011
I added a bit of hot sauce and used pork loin chops....It was excellent...I passed it on to three friends. Definitely will make it again