- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup plum sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 5 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Combine the plum sauce, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, mustard, ginger and pepper; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove pork chops and keep warm. Set aside 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
- In the same skillet, cook the coleslaw mix, carrot and onions over medium heat until crisp-tender. Serve with pork chops; drizzle with reserved sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
1 pork chop with 3/4 cup broccoli mixture : 373 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.