Plum Good Crisp
This is a great crisp that goes well with any meal, but you can also serve it as a breakfast treat or snack.When it's warm, it can't be beat! —Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 4 cups sliced fresh plums (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 medium nectarines, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened apple juice
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place fruit in a large bowl. Mix brown sugar, cornstarch, spices, syrup and lemon juice; toss with fruit. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, mix oats, flour, brown sugar and salt; stir in remaining ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake, uncovered, until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 233 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Plum Good Crisp in Light & Tasty June/July 2007