Pheasant in Mustard Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 boneless skinless pheasant breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pheasant with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pheasant in oil and butter on both sides, about 6-8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic, broth, lemon juice, mustard and marjoram; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pheasant juices run clear. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 399 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1215mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 47g protein.
Apr 16, 2010
My husband hunts so we have a freezer full of pheasant. This recipe is terrific. Definately keeping it on file for future meals.
Jan 2, 2010
Made it a second time and realized I didn't follow the broth measurements the first time - which was actually a good thing. This receipe will really need 1 1/2 to 2 cups of broth instead of just a 1/2 cup for the length of the simmer.
Dec 24, 2009
Perhaps a bit heavy on the Dijon mustard or it could just be the brand I used was very strong. Absolutely terrific and a great substitute for chicken.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.