Pheasant in Mustard Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 boneless skinless pheasant breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pheasant with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pheasant in oil and butter on both sides, about 6-8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic, broth, lemon juice, mustard and marjoram; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pheasant juices run clear. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 399 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1215mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 47g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 16, 2010
My husband hunts so we have a freezer full of pheasant. This recipe is terrific. Definately keeping it on file for future meals.
Jan 2, 2010
Made it a second time and realized I didn't follow the broth measurements the first time - which was actually a good thing. This receipe will really need 1 1/2 to 2 cups of broth instead of just a 1/2 cup for the length of the simmer.
Dec 24, 2009
Perhaps a bit heavy on the Dijon mustard or it could just be the brand I used was very strong. Absolutely terrific and a great substitute for chicken.