Pheasant in Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 pheasant or broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place pheasant in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine the next eight ingredients; pour over pheasant. Sprinkle generously with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally. Sprinkle again with paprika before serving.
Nov 8, 2009
This was so tender and the flavor was excellent. I did add some chopped olives to the mixture. My husband loved it and I am giving it to my neighbors to try. Cheryl, Oklahoma
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.