Pheasant in Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 pheasant or broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place pheasant in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine the next eight ingredients; pour over pheasant. Sprinkle generously with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally. Sprinkle again with paprika before serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 8, 2009
This was so tender and the flavor was excellent. I did add some chopped olives to the mixture. My husband loved it and I am giving it to my neighbors to try. Cheryl, Oklahoma