Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 boneless skinless pheasant breast (about 3/4 pound), cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup each julienned carrots, celery and onion
- 1 cup frozen snow peas
- Hot cooked white or wild rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and bouillon until blended. Add water; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry pheasant in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots for 2 minutes. Add the celery, onion and peas; stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return meat to pan and heat through. Serve with rice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 13, 2011
You can never have enough pheasant recipes, this is a great one!
Jan 28, 2011
I've never reviewed a recipe before, and registered just to be able to review this one. Thank you so much Darlene!!! This was the best pheasant I ever ate, and maybe even the best stir fry, period. Marvelous!!! Thank you!!!