Perfect Scalloped Oysters
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pint shucked oysters or 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine cracker crumbs, butter, salt and pepper; sprinkle a third into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Arrange half of the oysters over crumbs. Top with another third of the crumb mixture and the remaining oysters.
- Combine cream and Worcestershire sauce; pour over oysters. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 349 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 19, 2013
Best I have ever made.
Feb 25, 2012
This was so good. My family loved it.
Dec 28, 2011
My mother made this recipe for years and I have been making it for 40 years. It is easy to make and when I take to family affairs I put the cream and worcestershire in a cup with lid and put it into the cassrole when I get there.
May 31, 2010
.... lol are you kidding me? Butter, salt, heavy cream,,,,??? this recipe is to die-for
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.