- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1/4 cup peanut butter*
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, peanut butter, soy sauce and brown sugar until smooth; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add the chicken; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the broccoli; stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter mixture; cook and stir until sauce is smooth and broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPeanut Chicken Stir-Fry
"My husband and I both love peanut butter, but we found this sauce to be too strong, and the broccoli didn't seem to meld well with the sauce. If I ever made this recipe again, I would definitely omit the broccoli. I sprinkled peanuts over the stir fry and that added to the flavour."
"I've made this recipe several times. The only difference I make is that I use sesame seed oil instead of canola oil. This gives it a more distinct oriental flavor."
"Great for when you're tired of regular stir-fry, but need something quick to make. Kids loved it as is, husband and I added red pepper flakes to ours."
"A new family favorite! But we all thought it would suit our tastes even better if we added a little heat...next time I'll add a little crushed red pepper."
"My family LOVES this dish!!! The peanut sauce really adds a nice touch."
"VERY yummy! You will want to double the recipe!"
"This has become a family favorite in our house, all 5 of my kids & my husband adore this meal for dinner. I do add a bit more peanut butter & make a double batch as the leftovers are just as good- I store in ziplocks & keep seperated! this is definitely worth trying, & very filling as well. yummm"
"my hubby and i love it so much we make alot"