- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
"Absolutely Delicious!!!! Even my 3 picky young children loved it! I added a teaspoon or so of Italian seasoning to the potato mixture. I also added lots of extra fresh garlic cloves (we love garlic), I also added extra fresh chopped onions. I also brushed both sides of chicken with olive oil and made sure to season both sides of chicken. So juicy and flavorful. We will put this in our book of “make again” recipes."
"Really good way to use up whatever veggies you have on hand. Also, I use defrosted frozen spinach that I have wrung the water out, if I don’t have fresh. Delish!"
"I love this recipe! It is so easy and delicious. I have made this several times using fresh carrots, parsnips, onions, potatoes, and squash from my CSA share. I have used Swiss chard in place of the spinach when I had that on hand as well. I substitute thyme for the rosemary just because I like it a little better. Overall a really good, comforting recipe that I will make again and again."
"I made this as listed. The whole family lived it."
"Made as described, but I subbed tarragon and parsley for the rosemary (allergy). Will try with other vegs."
"So easy and tasty. A keeper!"
"Super easy. Super yummy! I don't like spinach, so I used kale instead, but otherwise just followed the recipe."
"Soo good and easy to make!"
"Superb! Even my husband who disdains spinach loved it. I made two small changes: I used boneless thighs,because I had some, and fewer potatoes because we are watching carbs. I will love serving this again, and am very grateful to Sherri for sharing."