- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
"Great flavor and so versatile! I used whatever vegetables I had on hand and/or needed to get rid of. Potatoes, onion, red pepper and fresh green beans was a great combo...I adjusted the cook time a bit since the peppers and beans didn't need to go as long."
"Very good. The whole family loves it"
"I made this last night, and it was delicious -very flavorful!! I added more veggies: carrots, celery, bell peppers, and mushrooms. I also added more seasonings to the veggies: Thyme, Italian Seasoning, and Parsley. I left the skin on the chicken and cooked everything for 55 min. I didn't add spinach this time."
"Made tonight for the second time and really like this recipe. This time I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and I just cooked the veggies for 15 minutes before adding the chicken and then cooked all for 25 minutes. I then took out the chicken, and added spinach for the last 10 minutes. Great recipe!!!"
"This is one of the best dinners I've made. I used less potatoes and added carrots, zucchini and yellow squash. I didn't have rosemary so I used italian seasoning. It was super delicious! Thank you, Sherrie, for sharing your recipe!"
"Great flavors! I used boneless skinless thighs."
"Absolutely Delicious!!!! Even my 3 picky young children loved it! I added a teaspoon or so of Italian seasoning to the potato mixture. I also added lots of extra fresh garlic cloves (we love garlic), I also added extra fresh chopped onions. I also brushed both sides of chicken with olive oil and made sure to season both sides of chicken. So juicy and flavorful. We will put this in our book of “make again” recipes."
"Really good way to use up whatever veggies you have on hand. Also, I use defrosted frozen spinach that I have wrung the water out, if I don’t have fresh. Delish!"
"I love this recipe! It is so easy and delicious. I have made this several times using fresh carrots, parsnips, onions, potatoes, and squash from my CSA share. I have used Swiss chard in place of the spinach when I had that on hand as well. I substitute thyme for the rosemary just because I like it a little better. Overall a really good, comforting recipe that I will make again and again."