- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
"I made this as listed. The whole family lived it."
"Made as described, but I subbed tarragon and parsley for the rosemary (allergy). Will try with other vegs."
"So easy and tasty. A keeper!"
"Super easy. Super yummy! I don't like spinach, so I used kale instead, but otherwise just followed the recipe."
"Soo good and easy to make!"
"Superb! Even my husband who disdains spinach loved it. I made two small changes: I used boneless thighs,because I had some, and fewer potatoes because we are watching carbs. I will love serving this again, and am very grateful to Sherri for sharing."
"My husband & I LOVED this. We'll have this again real soon. The spinach was the best touch to this dish. V. Veal"
"I just made this today and it was absolutely delicious! I used the 5 leg quarters that I had on hand and left the skin on."