Onion Yorkshire Puddings
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound yellow onions (about 3 medium), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in butter until tender but not browned. Divide among eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and remaining salt. Whisk the eggs, water and milk; whisk into flour mixture just until blended. Pour 1/4 cup into each ramekin.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 118 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 19, 2018
I made these in muffin tins and they were perfect - just the right size. The recipe made 12 . I also sauteed mushrooms with the onions. Delicious and oh so easy!
Mar 19, 2016
Has anyone tried this in a single pan? Maybe a nine inch square pan or a 10 inch pie plate?
Mar 16, 2016
Love this and Yorkshire pudding. One could put these in the middle of a nice big popover too. Popovers can be filled with so many things. : )
Nov 17, 2014
I was afraid to try this and finally did. It was so easy and everyone loved it! I didn't change a single thing.
Dec 31, 2012
Made this for Christmas, it was delicious.
Jan 29, 2010
I make these alot for my family for dinner as a side dish. They are so yummy and are a nice variation to just a plain yorkshire pudding.
Nov 29, 2009
After trying traditional yorkshire pudding for my South African born husband, we determined that these are much better and much easier!! We've made these many times since the initial publication.
Jan 1, 2009
I made these last night.. they were delicious but the onions didn't float to the top like the picture?>