Yorkshire Pudding with Bacon and Sage
Individual souffles are a nice change from traditional dinner rolls. The savory treats are tastefully topped with crumbled bacon and fresh sage. —Melissa Jelinek, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings.
- Transfer drippings to a measuring cup; add enough melted butter to measure 1/4 cup. Pour into 12 ungreased muffin cups. Place in oven until hot.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sage and salt; beat in milk and eggs until smooth. Fold in two-thirds of the bacon. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° (do not open oven door). Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until puffed and golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and sage.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 150 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 22, 2020
I made a half recipe, using 3 bacon strips, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of sage. After baking, I didn't add more sage. These puddings' flavor reminded me of breakfast sausage, so I dunked them in syrup.