Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee, cooled
- 24 crisp ladyfinger cookies
- Baking cocoa
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold in yogurt. Spread 1/2 cup cream mixture onto bottom of an 8-in. square dish.
- In a shallow dish, mix milk and espresso. Quickly dip 12 ladyfingers into espresso mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Arrange in dish in a single layer, breaking to fit as needed. Top with half of the remaining cream mixture; dust with cocoa. Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. If desired, serve with raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 177 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1 fat.
Nov 27, 2019
I used 1 C salted caramel yogurt, 1/2 C low sugar vanilla yogurt, 1/2 C whole milk plain yogurt, and less milk in coffee mixture. Fold into whipped cream. Quickly dip ladyfingers. This dessert is much more flavorful after it sets 24 hours. Keep covered in refrigerator.
Nov 2, 2019
I was excited about this, but honestly it was one of the worst recipes I've made from Taste of Home. It must rely on having just the right brand/thickness/sweetness of yogurt. I used sweetened yogurt, and still had to add a little sugar to the cream, and even then the final result was sour and soggy. I had to throw it away.