Cappuccino Mousse Trifle
Total TimePrep: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until dissolved; remove 1 cup and set aside. Add pudding mixes to the remaining milk mixture; beat on low speed for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. serving or trifle bowl. Layer with a third of the reserved milk mixture and pudding mixture and a fourth of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and chocolate. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 16, 2016
My daughter begged me to make this for her birthday. It was easy to make and a big hit at the party.
Sep 3, 2013
This was very good. As specified, easy to make, looks good and tastes good. Would make it again.
Apr 2, 2013
Fantastic tasting, easy trifle to make. Will definitely making again.
Oct 7, 2012
I have nade this several times and it is always a big hit! If you don't think there is enough of the filling you can always just get a small container of cool whip for the top of the trifle and use all of what is in the larger container for the filling. I have never had trouble with the recipe as is! I have several friends who don't like coffee flavor anything and go back for seconds with this one!
Jan 11, 2012
Not enough "mousse" for the rest of the recipe. In fairness - cappuccino is not my favorite trifle flavor..... No, will not make it again.
Dec 29, 2011
We made this for a Christmas dessert and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it and it was super easy. Definitely a new favorite amongst family and friends.
Aug 10, 2011
I have not made this yet, as I just came across the recipe. Looks and sounds incredible! I'd make one change and use a chocolate pound cake.
Aug 6, 2011
This is absolutely wonderful! Tastes out of this world and looks amazing too. I took it to a church picnic and even those that don't like coffee loved this.
Jul 11, 2011
This is the first trifle I've every made and my family loved it. It is so easy. My niece said that it taste like a dessert you would be sitting in a restaurant eating.
Apr 14, 2010
Very good and so easy, nice change from fruit. E.L.C.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.