This colorful veggie soup gets all bulked up thanks to cheesy tortellini. It's a real comfort on a cold or rainy day. —Jen Lucas, Baldwinville, Massachusetts
Recommended: 40 Recipes for Vegetable Soup
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until tortellini float (do not boil). Stir in spinach and pepper; cook just until spinach is wilted. If desired, serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Tortellini Soup in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Reviews forMushroom Tortellini Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2016
"Love Taste of Home recipes!!"
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2014
"Loved it! I used chicken broth instead though"
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2014
"This was delicious! My husband called it 'restaurant quality'!I used fresh tomatoes, basil, parsley and sage out of the garden! Yum!!"