Mushroom & Leek Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 12 ounces fresh chanterelle, baby portobello or oyster mushrooms, or a combination of mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp tea towel. Trim stems; quarter or slice large mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add leek; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 4-6 minutes or until tender and liquid has evaporated. Stir in leek, salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese onto bottom of crust. Top with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream until blended; pour over top.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 338 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
May 10, 2019
Cream not shown in recipe. How much???
Apr 9, 2019
I love this dish! I’ve made it several times. To save time I just use a frozen deep dish pie pastry. To save some calories I just use milk instead of heavy cream. The last time I made it I only had 6 ounces of mushrooms on hand so I added in a medium zucchini and it was delicious!
Jul 24, 2017
Delicious meatless dish. It was a hit at our house!
Apr 21, 2015
i liked the leeks in this pie. they added a great flavor yet were not overpowering as inions maybe
Mar 5, 2015
This is delish. ! Great lenten dish !