- 10 eggs
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 unbaked deep-dish pastry shells (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour into pastry shells.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Reviews forMonterey Quiche
"recipe saved!! THANK YOU. J."
"This review is somewhat mixed. The texture of this quiche was perfect, and it was so simple. However, we thought it was lacking in flavor. Maybe it just needed more salt, but I was thinking pepper jack cheese might kick it up a bit."
"I served this quiche to my book club and they loved it. Delicious and easy to prepare.A real winner. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."