- 3 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fully cooked ham, optional
- In a medium saucepan, soften gelatin in water for 5 minutes. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in mayonnaise. Stir in eggs. Add celery, red pepper, onions, relish, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour into a 8-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Chill overnight.
- Unmold onto a serving platter. If desired, use ham as a garnish around the sides of the mold, or place several pieces in the center if using a ring mold. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forMolded Egg Salad
"Forgot to answer Nancy Headlee's question. I served mine with crackers & also had mini croisants to spread it on, if desired. Both the crackers & croisants were used & this was served as a snack. There was some left over & I just packed it into a bowl to use it later as a sandwich. Worked great all the different ways."
"Do you eat it with something or serve it on it's own?"
"Very pretty and tasty. I add a bit of yellow mustard to the gelatin/mayonnaise mixture. That's the way my mother did it, and I like the taste and color it imparts."