- 1 spaghetti squash (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pierce squash with a fork. Place on paper towel in microwave; cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes per pound or until squash is soft. Let stand 5-10 minutes. Cut in half; remove seeds and scoop out pulp. Set aside. In a 2-qt. casserole, toss red pepper, onion, garlic and olive oil. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/4 minutes or until slightly soft. Add tomato, zucchini, mushrooms, vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Toss with squash and serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMicrowave Spaghetti Squash
"You need a larger squash. Count on 1/2 lb. per serving. Extra vegetables need to be sauteed in oil, and highly seasoned."
"I thought it was great as is but now that I have read the other review, I will try it his way."
"I loved the thought of cooking the squash whole in the microwave. It was so much easier and safer than trying to cut it in half raw. I suggest using a knife rather than a fork to vent the squash since the skin is tough. I cooked up the veggies in a pan on the stove top while nuking the squash. I added 1tsp dried sweet basil, 1/2tsp oregano, 1/2tsp dried sage, and increased the pepper to 2tsp. My wife suggested I add some lemon juice, and pow, that is just what was needed to brighten up the dish. She made sure that I wrote this down so we could make it again."