Microwave Corn Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash paprika
- In an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, beat the eggs. Stir in the corn, milk, flour, sugar, butter, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 9 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with paprika. Microwave 15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 232 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 21, 2019
Followed recipe. I had to microwave two more minutes. It turned out fluffy. Also, it had a nice sweet flavor.
Feb 28, 2013
Followed recipe exactly but wasn't impressed. The texture was very strange for us, I think this is one of those things that is just best when cooked the traditional way.
Mar 8, 2011
I have made this recipe several times after first trying it. It is a somewhat sweet pudding that goes well with cajun or carribbean type cuisine. I do not microwave it quite as long as the recipe calls for because our family prefers a slightly more moist version of the pudding.
Mar 15, 2009
I would add a little onion to this.