Microwave Corn Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash paprika
- In an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, beat the eggs. Stir in the corn, milk, flour, sugar, butter, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 9 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with paprika. Microwave 15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 232 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2013
Followed recipe exactly but wasn't impressed. The texture was very strange for us, I think this is one of those things that is just best when cooked the traditional way.
Mar 8, 2011
I have made this recipe several times after first trying it. It is a somewhat sweet pudding that goes well with cajun or carribbean type cuisine. I do not microwave it quite as long as the recipe calls for because our family prefers a slightly more moist version of the pudding.
Mar 15, 2009
I would add a little onion to this.