Delicious Corn Pudding
Corn has been a staple for generations in my family. This comforting dish from my grandma was a part of our meals for years and shared at gatherings. I hope to one day pass this recipe onto my granddaughter.—P Marchesi, Rocky Point, Long Island, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash each ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup milk
- In a bowl, beat yolks until lemon-colored, 5-8 minutes. Add the butter, sugars, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Add corn. Stir in cream and milk. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff; fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes of baking if top browns too quickly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 179 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Delicious Corn Pudding in Taste of Home June/July 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.