Microwave Scalloped Corn
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the corn, milk, cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour into a greased 1-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave at 70% power for 4-6 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with paprika.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 231 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 17, 2010
I followed the directions exactly. I used a glass loaf pan covered in saran wrap to cook. It was really soupy after 4 minutes, so I continued cooking 2 more minutes and it was still soupy. I cooked several more minutes checking after each minute and even letting sit for five minutes. I still had to keep cooking. Finally I cooked it for a minute at 100% power and decided it was good enough. I let it sit for at least five minutes before serving and my husband said it should have been cooked longer! Grrrr! It had good flavor but an odd, wet texture... not sure what the texture should have been like. :(
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.