A cozy comforting home-cooked meal doesn't have to take hours to make, writes Linda Humphreys of Buchanan, Michigan. "I've had this recipe for 30 years. Since my kids, grandkids and guests of all ages request it often and it takes only about 30 minutes to make, I have it at least once every other month!"
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and jalapeno peppers in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the rice, chicken, 2 cups cheese and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Bake in Country Woman January/February 2004, p41
Reviews forMexican Chicken Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2014
"Yummy! It is a very soothing dish to my family's sore throats."