Meat Loaf for One
When I dine alone, I often fix myself this hearty, flavorful mixture. Combining meat, bread and a vegetable, it can be a complete meal.—Lynne Obertst-Bishop, Dorris, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 ounces ground beef
- 2 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add meat and mix well. Shape into a 5-in. x 3-in. loaf. Place in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Drizzle with ketchup. Bake 20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.