Meat Loaf for One
When I dine alone, I often fix myself this hearty, flavorful mixture. Combining meat, bread and a vegetable, it can be a complete meal.—Lynne Obertst-Bishop, Dorris, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 ounces ground beef
- 2 ounces Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add meat and mix well. Shape into a 5-in. x 3-in. loaf. Place in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Drizzle with ketchup. Bake 20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 579 calories, 32g fat (11g saturated fat), 308mg cholesterol, 1085mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Meat Loaf For One in Taste of Home August/September 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.