Meat Loaf for 120
A friend of mine gave me this recipe, which was a favorite at 4-H camp. People are pleasantly surprised to see such a down-home entree offered to a large group.—Joanne Shew Chuk, St. Benedict, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 40 pounds ground beef
- 16 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 5 cups tomato juice
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine beef, eggs, oats, tomato juice, onions, salt and pepper. Form into 16 loaves. Place in 9x5-in. loaf pans. Combine sauce ingredients; pour 3 tablespoons over each loaf. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until no pink remains, basting once with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 333 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Meat Loaf for 120 in Taste of Home October/November 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips