Marinated Lima Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen baby lima beans, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced onions, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 11 ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- In a serving bowl, combine the lima beans, onion, mushrooms and pimientos. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 151 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 2, 2012
Wonderfully light, refreshing salad. Easy to put together, just have to plan ahead a bit. Dressing had a great flavor.
Feb 22, 2010
I made it just as the recipe directs. I wouldn't change a thing. Very good!
Sep 7, 2009
This salad is very good. I chopped the onion and omitted the mushrooms. I used soy beans and added corn as well. Very delicious