- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cider until smooth. Stir in syrup and onion powder; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and turn to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMaple-Glazed Chicken
"I made this last night with sweet potato fries. It pairs really well. I didn’t have apple juice or cider so I used apple butter and added some water. I also only made half the recipe but still used same amount of ingredients for sauce and seasonings."
"Dee-licous! Very quick and simple. A"
"This was delicious! The only thing I did a little different was at the end after thickening sauce and returning chicken to pan, I continued to keep it over the heat turning chicken often until the sauce almost "caramelized" to the chicken...about 5-7 more minutes. The chicken remained moist on the inside and wonderfully sticky and flavorful on the outside."
"chicken ala orange?"
"I know this might sound crazy but the first time I made this I didn't have apple juice so I used orange pop (fanta) and it was sooo good. I have also made it with apple juice since then but we actually prefer it with fanta instead. Very yummy."