- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mango chunks, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 22 crisp ladyfinger cookies
- 1 package (5 ounces) miniature meringue cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- For syrup, place water in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high 30 seconds. Stir in sugar and extract until sugar is dissolved; cool completely.
- Finely chop 1/4 cup mango chunks; place in a large bowl. Add cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until blended. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into mango mixture.
- To assemble, line bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with 11 ladyfingers; slowly drizzle with half of the syrup. Layer with half of each of the following: cream mixture, meringue cookies, remaining mango and almonds. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight. To serve, loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove rim. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMango Almond Icebox Cake
"Very Good !!"
"1/4 cup of mangos are in the frosting rest are in the cake. re read the directions ."
"Something isn't quite right with this recipe. Whny only a quarter cup of Mango?"
"sholstein44, I haven't tried (hence the 3 stars) this but it sounds good. I think you use the rest of the mango in step 3, layering with the cream mixture and almonds. The 1/4 cup is just chopped fine and mixed in the cream mixture to flavor it. Hope this helps."
"i would love to make this, but I don't understand why you have to thaw a 16 oz bag of frozen mango when you're only using 1/4 of a cup. Am I missing something?"