- 2-1/2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup 2% milk, warmed
- 1/2 cup spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; return to pan. Lightly mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, cream cheese and butter to reach desired consistency. Stir in bacon, cheeses, green onions, tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLoaded Smashed Taters
"This was ok. I used 1.5 lb. package of gold potatoes and it was runny. Reduce milk to 1/2 cup next time. I used plain reduced fat cream cheese. Skipped Parmesan cheese and tomatoes."
"Too much fat and all these ingredients hides the potato flavor. I opted for plain low fat cream cheese, natural roasted garlic, cut back on the bacon and although I love sundried tomatoes, not in this. Chopped fresh chives is a no brainer here. Yukon Gold potatoes work. Been making this for years and it's always a pleaser. So simple to modify to your particular tastes, too."
"So good but I don't even want to know how many calories were in them. This would be a good recipe for a crowd."
"Yummy!! I make this same recipe with everything except the tomatoes. I love mashed potatoes with the skins, great flavor & no pealing!!"
"Gonna try this and if it turns out ad good as the picture, I'm adding it to my list of favorites."
"I gave this 5 stars even though I haven't yet made it because the ingredients as listed are mouth-watering when blended together - have used them together in other recipes. If I'm not mistaken (it's not mentioned), this potato salad can be eaten warm, room temp, or cold - Yes?"
"Great variation on regular mashed potatoes. My sons loved the bacon; we enjoyed the different cheese flavors and substituted chives for the parsley. We doubled the recipe and needed to adjust the prep time upward."
"Delicious to the eye and easy to make. DH and I thought it good, but, with so many ingredients, it was hard to taste the potatoes, and it overwhelmed our palates. We did not enjoy the garlic and herb cream cheese and would use plain garlic and herbs. I cut down on the bacon to 8 slices from the pound recommended and cut out the butter, but everything else I kept the same. Thank you Andrea for the inspiration."
"Over-the-top and delicious!"