Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, soup, milk, cheese, 1/2 cup butter, onion, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Just before serving, combine the cornflake crumbs and remaining butter in a pie plate. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir the potatoes; sprinkle with crumb topping.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 17, 2017
I needed a potato recipe for a pot luck at work, so I wanted a crock pot recipe that was easy. I make this in the morning and turned on the crock pot at 8AM. I had to unplug for 20 min. to drive to work and plugged in right away. By 11AM I had to put on high and cook for additional two hours for the potatoes to be tender. I suggest cooking on high unless you have at least 5-6 hours to cook on low like the recipe says. When done, you can change setting to warm. This was a hit! I substituted the dried onions for garlic powder since I am allergic to onions. I used about 2 tablespoons garlic powder. I will make this again. Prep time was about 10 minutes top.
Nov 9, 2017
I love making these, as they're not just for Thanksgiving. I like that it frees up space in the oven when I have a big meal cooking.
Dec 31, 2015
I love all things potato and this is a great dish. It can be served with anything and makes dinner a cinch.
Oct 20, 2015
I was surprised at how tasty this was and goes with anything. Doesn't taste like slow-cooker food.
Oct 4, 2015
Excellent! Easy to make and yummy. My husband is still talking about it.. he says it's the best crock pot dish I have made.
Oct 4, 2015
I have been making this for years. My husband loves it ! Have made it for large groups and received rave reviews. Versatile - can also make it in crock pot ! For a little different taste, just change out the cornflakes for crushed potato chips. I have used bbq chips and sour cream and onion chips.
Jan 13, 2014
Giving *4* stars simply b/c haven't made yet. Far be it from me to change recipe around, but, I would use a one pound bag of hash browns instead, plus 3.4 cup milk. Would also use 2 cups cheese.
Jul 10, 2012
absolutely delicious and so easy, just put it in the crock pot and forget it for a while.
Nov 16, 2011
So easy and delicious. :)
Jul 11, 2011
This is great, I loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.