Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, soup, milk, cheese, 1/2 cup butter, onion, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until potatoes are tender, 3-4 hours.
- Just before serving, combine the cornflake crumbs and remaining butter in a pie plate. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 4-6 minutes. Stir the potatoes; sprinkle with crumb topping.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 2, 2019
This recipe sounds yummy, but it is not Scalloped it is au Gratin. Scalloped potatoes do not have cheese in them. I am putting this on my "I have to fix this list."
Sep 18, 2019
I always kinda tweak recipes so on this one I used the hash browns with onions and peppers. I also added cubes of ham. The rest of the ingredients the same. Wow it was awesome.
Nov 20, 2018
I substituted fat free mushroom soup for the chicken soup. I hate cream of chicken soup. I make into a one pot meal by adding 1 pound each browned and well drained ground beef and pork sausage. Serve with a green salad.
Nov 17, 2018
Don't know what the difference would be, but mine were really soupy. It also indicates a 5qt slow cooker - I put mine in a 3.5qt slow cooker, and could have doubled the recipe. The buttery toasted cornflake topping was good.
Oct 11, 2018
Delicious! Like a creamy mac and cheese, but with diced potatoes instead of pasta. Great company side dish. Family loved it!
Nov 17, 2017
I needed a potato recipe for a pot luck at work, so I wanted a crock pot recipe that was easy. I make this in the morning and turned on the crock pot at 8AM. I had to unplug for 20 min. to drive to work and plugged in right away. By 11AM I had to put on high and cook for additional two hours for the potatoes to be tender. I suggest cooking on high unless you have at least 5-6 hours to cook on low like the recipe says. When done, you can change setting to warm. This was a hit! I substituted the dried onions for garlic powder since I am allergic to onions. I used about 2 tablespoons garlic powder. I will make this again. Prep time was about 10 minutes top.
Nov 9, 2017
I love making these, as they're not just for Thanksgiving. I like that it frees up space in the oven when I have a big meal cooking.
Dec 31, 2015
I love all things potato and this is a great dish. It can be served with anything and makes dinner a cinch.
Oct 20, 2015
I was surprised at how tasty this was and goes with anything. Doesn't taste like slow-cooker food.
Oct 4, 2015
Excellent! Easy to make and yummy. My husband is still talking about it.. he says it's the best crock pot dish I have made.