Loaded Red Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 16 small red potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain; return to pot.
- Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, butter, pepper and salt. Spread into a greased 3-quart baking dish; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and bacon. Dollop with sour cream; sprinkle with chives and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 187 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2018
DELISH!!!!!! It will be gone in seconds. Very Tasty.
Mar 29, 2014
I just made this for my husband and I. WOW, as my husband put it "this is a keeper!" The only change I made was to use some garlic salt and eliminate the sour cream (not my husband's favorite). Oh, sorry I did use Real Bacon Bits instead of bacon. SUPER!
Sep 14, 2013
Great recipe. Everyone at my church function raved over the dish
May 4, 2013
Everyone in my family loved this amazing side dish. The only changes I made to the recipe was leaving out the sour cream and minced chives (food intolerance/allergies).
Jun 28, 2012
I made this for a father's day dinner, since it's lower in carbs than most potato dishes and my father is diabetic. My whole family went wild for it - even my kids, who normally don't care for potato skins. I only peeled half of the potatoes and thought the amount of skin was perfect. I also used reduced fat sour cream, reduced fat cheese and center cut bacon to cut some of the fat.
Oct 19, 2011
I make this for any get together and I always get asked to bring it again. To make it quick I use bacon bits. Tasted great
Apr 17, 2011
I have made this recipe twice in one week now. DELICIOUS. I made some slight modifications: I used a whole bag of new potatoes. Since there were a few more potatoes I added 1/2 cup of butter, 2/3 cup of milk, I also put the chives in with the milk, butter, salt and pepper rather than on top. Also instead of dolloping sour cream, I spread across top like icing. YUM YUM! The company I have had loved it and are requesting this recipe.
May 6, 2009
Mediocre. Not a lot of flavor. A baked potato with these toppings would be easier and taste better.
May 6, 2009
This has become one of my favorite recipes! It's a side dish that will go well with almost anything. I leave the peels on the potatoes, and use about 8 medium/large red potatoes. So good!
Apr 7, 2009
I hope these ideas help you--Use skim milkuse a butter like "Healthy Start"omit salt or use salt substituteuse low-fat cheese and sour cream