- 16 small red potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain; return to pot.
- Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, butter, pepper and salt. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and bacon. Dollop with sour cream; sprinkle with chives and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLoaded Red Potato Casserole
"I just made this for my husband and I. WOW, as my husband put it "this is a keeper!" The only change I made was to use some garlic salt and eliminate the sour cream (not my husband's favorite). Oh, sorry I did use Real Bacon Bits instead of bacon. SUPER!"
"Great recipe. Everyone at my church function raved over the dish"
"Everyone in my family loved this amazing side dish. The only changes I made to the recipe was leaving out the sour cream and minced chives (food intolerance/allergies)."
"I made this for a father's day dinner, since it's lower in carbs than most potato dishes and my father is diabetic. My whole family went wild for it - even my kids, who normally don't care for potato skins. I only peeled half of the potatoes and thought the amount of skin was perfect. I also used reduced fat sour cream, reduced fat cheese and center cut bacon to cut some of the fat."
"I make this for any get together and I always get asked to bring it again. To make it quick I use bacon bits. Tasted great"
"I have made this recipe twice in one week now. DELICIOUS. I made some slight modifications: I used a whole bag of new potatoes. Since there were a few more potatoes I added 1/2 cup of butter, 2/3 cup of milk, I also put the chives in with the milk, butter, salt and pepper rather than on top. Also instead of dolloping sour cream, I spread across top like icing. YUM YUM! The company I have had loved it and are requesting this recipe."
"Mediocre. Not a lot of flavor. A baked potato with these toppings would be easier and taste better."
"This has become one of my favorite recipes! It's a side dish that will go well with almost anything. I leave the peels on the potatoes, and use about 8 medium/large red potatoes. So good!"
" I hope these ideas help you--Use skim milkuse a butter like "healthy Start"omit salt or use salt substituteuse low-fat cheese and sour cream
"I left the skins on, but only used the smallelst red potatoes, roughly the size of golf balls. easy and delicious. I think that next time I will substitute pancetta for for the bacon. easy to keep warm in a crock pot on the lowest setting. May need to stir in another piece of butter or a little milk/cream if you let them warm too long. Deee-lish!"