This flaky, buttery pastry dessert has a filling of fruit, walnuts, coconut and cinnamon. There's a lot to love! For even more appeal, dollop sweetened whipped cream on top of each serving. —Ellen Kozak, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: Say “Oui!” to Our Favorite French-Inspired Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 2/3 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut unpeeled lemon into eight wedges; remove seeds. Place wedges in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in walnuts, raisins, spreadable fruit, coconut and cinnamon.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; brush with butter. Layer with remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Spoon filling onto center of phyllo, leaving a 2-in. border on all sides. Fold edges of phyllo over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded edges with butter. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Using parchment paper, carefully slide galette onto a wire rack to cool slightly. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Walnut-Raisin Galette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p140