Lemony Walnut-Raisin Galette
This flaky, buttery pastry dessert has a filling of fruit, walnuts, coconut and cinnamon. There's a lot to love! For even more appeal, dollop sweetened whipped cream on top of each serving. —Ellen Kozak, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 2/3 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut unpeeled lemon into 8 wedges; remove seeds. Place wedges in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in walnuts, raisins, spreadable fruit, coconut and cinnamon.
- 2. Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet; brush with butter. Layer with remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- 3. Spoon filling onto center of phyllo, leaving a 2-in. border on all sides. Fold edges of phyllo over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded edges with butter. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Using parchment, carefully slide galette onto a wire rack to cool slightly. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
1 piece: 324 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC