- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add the chicken and garlic. Cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned. Stir in the broth, carrot, peas and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the noodles. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in lemon juice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forLemony Chicken Noodle Soup
"I've been making this soup for years, and it's always a hit. The brightness of the lemon only makes a classic even better!"