Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, cook linguine in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine butter, lemon juice, basil, garlic powder and lemon-pepper; cook and stir until butter is melted. Drain linguine; add to butter mixture and toss to coat. Add Parmesan cheese and toss.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 262 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Oct 11, 2014
I think this is a great meal accompaniment with a somewhat different flavor combo. The 4 stars I gave it is for the amount of ingredients regarding seasonings. To put it at 5 stars, I use regular lemon-pepper, not salt-free, and probably 3/4 tsp. at that. I also tend to add more grated cheese for more flavor as well. But this is just personal preference, as is all food preparation, naturally.
Jun 14, 2011
i found this fairly bland. i added more lemon to it and will probably make again following what is in it, but changing quantities. my son liked it.
Jan 16, 2011
This recipe was quick and easy with great flavor.
Oct 11, 2010
I fix it for my toddlers for lunch. They make it dissapear faster than I make chocolate dissapear!
Sep 23, 2010
Mar 22, 2009
Being diabetic I'm always on the lookout for appealing, tasty side dishes. This one sure hits the spot. Thank you for sharing your recipe.