Lemon-Herb Olives with Goat Cheese
Greek olives have a fruity flavor that comes into play when you mix them with lemon and fresh herbs. Spoon over goat cheese and slather on crackers. —Jeanne Ambrose, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup assorted pitted Greek olives
- 1 package (5.3 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Assorted crackers
- In a small skillet, combine the first 5 ingredients; heat over medium heat just until fragrant, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in olives; heat through, allowing flavors to blend. Cool completely.
- To serve, place cheese on a serving plate. Stir basil into olive mixture; spoon over cheese. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without crackers): 135 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Lemony Herbed Olives with Goat Cheese in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.