Green Salad with Baked Goat Cheese
I combined my favorite parts of a variety of salads to create this masterpiece. The warm baked cheese and crunchy croutons are wonderful complements to the crisp salad greens.—Deb Morris, Wevertown, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut goat cheese into eight slices; brush both sides with olive oil and coat with bread crumbs. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until cheese is bubbly, 5-6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, cranberries, walnuts and bacon; transfer to a platter. Top with cheese and croutons. Serve with dressing of your choice.
To Make Ahead: This salad is quick to throw together but to save even more time, coat the cheese ahead of time and bake just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup salad with 1 slice goat cheese (calculated without dressing): 148 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Warm Goat Cheese Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.