Roasted Artichokes with Lemon Aioli
Petals of savory artichoke leaves are so delicious dipped into a creamy lemon aioli. It may seem intimidating to roast whole artichokes, but the steps couldn't be simpler—and the earthy, comforting flavor is a definite payoff. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 medium artichokes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° Using a sharp knife, cut 1 in. from top of each artichoke. Using kitchen scissors, cut off tips of outer leaves. Cut each artichoke lengthwise in half. With a spoon, carefully scrape and remove fuzzy center of artichokes.
- Drizzle oil into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Rub cut surfaces of artichokes with lemon half; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in pan, cut side down. Squeeze lemon juice over artichokes. Cover pan with foil; bake on a lower oven rack until tender and a leaf near the center pulls out easily, 50-55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix aioli ingredients; refrigerate until serving. Serve with artichokes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 halves with 2 tablespoons aioili: 233 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Artichokes in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.