Roasted Herbed Squash with Goat Cheese
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each), peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 large butternut squash (5 to 6 pounds), peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 log (11 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, warmed slightly
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss squashes with oil and seasonings. Transfer to two foil-lined 15x10-in. rimmed pans.
- Roast squash, stirring once, until soft and some pieces are caramelized, 30-35 minutes. Switch position of pans midway through roasting to ensure even doneness. If a darker color is desired, broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes.
- Cool slightly. To serve, add goat cheese to squash; gently toss. Sprinkle with parsley; drizzle with maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 251 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 10g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 12, 2018
This is the PERFECT fall side dish. The tin foil makes for an easy clean up, and when they say "gently toss" they do mean gently (else it becomes a bit of a mashed squash dish!). A crowd-pleaser for sure!