Roasted Cheddar Herb Almonds
I prepared these one Christmas for my son, who was on a low-carb diet. I was afraid he'd be disappointed because he couldn't eat holiday cookies, but these made up for it—he loved them! Save a handful to chop and sprinkle over a green salad or pasta. —Mary Bilyeu, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- 3/4 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk egg yolk; stir in almonds. In a small bowl, toss cheese with seasonings. Add to almond mixture; toss to combine. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 264 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Cheddar Herb Almonds in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.